Daily Devotional 22 October 2021 | Trending But Damning, Beware (4)
TOPIC: Hired Prophets Versus Spirit Filled Prophet
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: 1 Kings 22:1-35; Jeremiah 23:25; Ezekiel 22:27-28
KEY VERSE: Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord. Jeremiah 23:32
MESSAGE: The Old Testament is loaded with real life stories that beat human imaginations. Apart from the Elijah versus the almagamation of 850 prophets of Baal and groves’ contest on mount Carmel, we also have the staggering popularity contest of Ahab’s 400 prophets against Micaiah. While the majority of the prophets spoke overwhelmingly of the victory ahead, Micaiah, despite the fact that he was a Lone Ranger was not moved. Kindly take note of the following:-
KEY NOTES ON TRENDING ISSUES
1. That the 400 prophets ( probably on Ahab’s pay roll ) all had the same view of how the battle will go in favour of Israel did not in anyway bring king Jehoshaphat under conviction. Hence the demand for another prophet of the LORD. 1Kings 22:6-7
2. The people that do not know God often go with the trending team thereby despising those that chose to hold unto the unfailing truth. 1Kings 22:8. Observe that in the same way, holiness people are often disdained and given names.
3. Prophet Zedekiah, one of the 400 even went further to demonstrate how the LORD has shown him the humiliating way the Syrians will be defeated. 1Kings 22:11
4. Never follow the popularity pool without cross examining their views with the scriptures. It does not matter how many of them are involved. 1Kings 22:12
5. Do not follow the multitude to commit evil neither give heed to their council no matter how juicy and popular it sounds and appears. Forever the word of the Lord is settled. 1kings 22:13-14
6. Don’t ever come under any form of pressure no matter who is involved to bring your conviction under contention. 1kings 22:16-18.
7. Your opinion, lifestyle and views may not be popular or widely accepted but as long as they are within the views of spiritual inclination stand by them. 1 kings 22:18-19,24
8. Your standards may be evil spoken of, condemned and rejected but at last it shall speak. 1 kings 22:24-28, 34-35
9. It is amazing how people who once stood for righteousness, practiced holiness are easily dissuaded to follow the majority. How did king Jehoshaphat after hearing 400 prophets speak well of the battle still request for another prophet of God and yet ended up following King Ahab to the battle front? At what point did he align with the 400? There is a thin line that divides falsehood from the truth. Be careful not to cross the line.
Click Here To Read Trending But Damning Series
Have you ever made Jesus the Lord and Savior of your life?
If not, pray this prayer and start a new life in Christ.
Dear God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I admit that I am not right with You, and I want to be right with You. I ask You to forgive me of all my sins. The Bible says if I confess with my mouth that “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, I will be saved (Rom. 10:9). I believe with my heart and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is the Lord and Savior of my life. Thank You for saving me! In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer for the first time, we would like to know. Click here to send us an e-mail or share your testimony.