UCB Word For Today 27 January 2022 | Thursday Daily Devotional Message
Read UCB Word For Today 27 January 2022 for Thursday
Topic: Remember what you used to be like? (2)
Today’s Scripture: ‘I entered their world…to experience things from their point of view.’ – 1 Corinthians 9:22 MSG
It’s easy to develop ‘spiritual amnesia’. You forget what you used to be like. And that attitude affects the people you deal with each day. One author writes: ‘I’ve a workplace acquaintance who embodies all the negative stereotypes of evangelical Christians. She’s judgmental…her behaviour borders on bizarre…she’s completely (and purposefully) out of touch with culture. She considers any attempt to tone down her evangelism as persecution…None of us wants to be like that so we hop on the pendulum as it swings in the other direction and our efforts become so subtle, they’re imperceptible.’ How can we share our faith, while maintaining a high level of integrity?
1) Ask sincere questions and listen with a caring spirit.
2) When appropriate, tell others you’re praying for them – then do it!
3) Pray driving to work and ask God to help you see your workplace as a mission field.
4) Don’t downplay the importance of your faith. When it naturally fits a conversation, talk about church, prayer, Scripture, and Christian community. Let others see joy and purpose in your life.
5) Demonstrate God’s love for all people by initiating a company food collection for charity…or organising a blood donation campaign.
6) Strive for excellence. Be the person that your manager and co-workers rely on to do a solid job.
7) Invite co-workers to events with your Christian friends. Non-churchgoers are often open to going on holidays like Christmas or Easter.
8) When you’re not sure about when to speak, check in with God and ‘when the time comes…the Holy Spirit will make his witness in and through you’ (Mark 13:11 MSG). 9) Above all – maintain a humble attitude!
UCB Word For Today 27 January 2022 | Thursday Daily Devotional. United Christian Broadcasters is a Christian media charity that exists to offer every person, in every place, every moment of the day, the opportunity to hear, watch or read the Word of God in a relevant and engaging way.