UCB Word For Today 1 February 2022 | Tuesday Daily Devotional Message
Read UCB Word For Today 1 February 2022 for Tuesday
Topic: Overcoming Rejection
Today’s Scripture: ‘Think how much the Father loves us.’ – 1 John 3:1 CEV
When you struggle with a sense of rejection, it will manifest itself in things like these:
1) Perfectionism. But it doesn’t work, because other people’s needs and expectations vary so much that it’s impossible to make everybody happy.
2) Settling for less. You put up with neglect and abuse because you think it’s what you deserve. Or you’re concerned this may be your only chance at ‘love’.
3) Becoming aggressive. Rejection can feel like you’re being attacked when you’re not, so you put on your boxing gloves and come out swinging.
4) Putting up a tough front. You tell yourself, ‘I can handle it…Who needs other people anyway?’ As a result, you shut yourself off from others and your physical, spiritual, and emotional needs go unmet and you feel lonely.
5) Vowing never again to let anyone get close enough to hurt you. That sounds good in theory, but by closing people out, you close yourself in and all your relationships suffer.
6) Attracting the wrong people. As long as you behave with a diminished sense of self-worth, you will keep attracting the wrong people.
The truth is, when your self-worth is based on any opinion other than God’s, you will always be vulnerable to rejection.
Criticism will diminish you, failing will keep you from trying again, and what’s worse, you will never discover the unique and wonderful person God made you to be. So, what’s the answer? John tells us, ‘Think how much the Father loves us. He loves us so much that he lets us be called his children, as we truly are’ (v. 1 CEV).
Overcoming rejection starts with understanding and accepting how much God loves and values us.
UCB Word For Today 1 February 2022 | Tuesday Daily Devotional. United Christian Broadcasters is a Christian media charity that exists to offer every person, in every place, every moment of the day, the opportunity to hear, watch or read the Word of God in a relevant and engaging way.
Have you ever made Jesus the Lord and Savior of your life?
If not, pray this prayer and start a new life in Christ.
Dear God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I admit that I am not right with You, and I want to be right with You. I ask You to forgive me of all my sins. The Bible says if I confess with my mouth that “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, I will be saved (Rom. 10:9). I believe with my heart and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is the Lord and Savior of my life. Thank You for saving me! In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer for the first time, we would like to know. Click here to send us an e-mail or share your testimony.