Read UCB Word For Today 11 October 2022 Devotional for Tuesday
TOPIC: Thoughts On Good Leadership
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: ‘If a bugle call isn’t clear, how would you know to get ready for battle?’ 1 Corinthians 14:8 CEV
UCB Word For Today 11 October 2022 MESSAGE
No matter how great your vision is, if you’re not someone people are willing to follow, it will never be realised. Who you are matters! The most important message you can share is yourself. Here are six thoughts on good leadership:
1) Trust connects people to a leader’s vision; without it, they will be disconnected. With it, they will get on board and help move the vision forward.
2) Leadership isn’t just about what you do; it’s about inspiring and encouraging others. Good leaders bring out the best in people by sharing the best in themselves.
3) Just because you’re the leader, don’t run people over! Abraham Lincoln said, ‘Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.’ With power comes the responsibility to serve, develop, and empower others. By helping them grow, you grow.
4) Rules without relationship lead to resistance. You can have all the rules you want, but if you don’t invest in people and develop a relationship with them, they will rebel.
5) Paul says, ‘If a bugle call isn’t clear, how would you know to get ready for battle?’ So lead with optimism, enthusiasm, and positive energy, and weed out pessimism and negativity. Focus on solutions, not complaints. Philosopher Nicholas Murray Butler said, ‘Optimism is essential to achievement, and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress.’
6) Good leaders don’t have all the answers, but they build a team that has – or can get them.
Success is a process, not a destination. Winning is a by-product of teamwork, focus, and commitment. To succeed, focus on the people and the process, not the outcome.
DAILY BIBLE READING: Jeremiah 12-14, 2 Thessalonians 3
UCB Word For Today 11 October 2022 Tuesday Daily Devotional. United Christian Broadcasters is a Christian media charity that exists to offer every person, in every place, every moment of the day, the opportunity to hear, watch or read the Word of God in a relevant and engaging way.