UCB Word For Today 14th October 2022 Daily Devotional
UCB Word For Today 14th October 2022 Friday Daily Devotional Message (United Christian Broadcasters) Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
TOPIC: Problem Solving (1)
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: ‘When we are knocked down, we get up again.’ 2 Corinthians 4:9 CEV
UCB Word For Today 14th October 2022 MESSAGE
Every problem you face in life introduces you to yourself. It shows you how you think and what you’re made of. People basically respond to problems in three ways:
1) they refuse to accept them,
2) they accept them and then endure them, or
3) they accept them and try to improve things. Which of the three people are you?
Paul was a problem solver. He knew that with God on his side, he would prevail. ‘We are like clay jars in which this treasure is stored. The real power comes from God and not from us. We often suffer, but we are never crushed. Even when we don’t know what to do, we never give up. In times of trouble, God is with us, and when we are knocked down, we get up again’ (vv. 7-9 CEV).
So when it comes to having problems, what should you do?
1) Anticipate them. Since problems are unavoidable, prepare for them spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. If you pray for God’s best and anticipate Satan’s worst, you will find yourself in a good position to solve the problems that come your way.
2) See the big picture. You can’t afford to be overcome by emotion. Nor can you permit yourself to get bogged down in the minutiae and lose sight of what’s important.
3) Handle one thing at a time. Richard Sloma said, ‘Never try to solve all the problems at once – make them line up for you one-by-one.’ And if you’re facing lots of problems, make sure you actually solve the one you’re working on before moving on to the next one.
DAILY BIBLE READING: Jeremiah 20-21, 1 Timothy 3
UCB Word For Today 14th October 2022 Friday Daily Devotional. United Christian Broadcasters is a Christian media charity that exists to offer every person, in every place, every moment of the day, the opportunity to hear, watch or read the Word of God in a relevant and engaging way.
Have you ever made Jesus the Lord and Savior of your life?
If not, pray this prayer and start a new life in Christ.
Dear God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I admit that I am not right with You, and I want to be right with You. I ask You to forgive me of all my sins. The Bible says if I confess with my mouth that “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, I will be saved (Rom. 10:9). I believe with my heart and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is the Lord and Savior of my life. Thank You for saving me! In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer for the first time, we would like to know. Click here to send us an e-mail or share your testimony.