MFM Daily Devotional 8 November 2022
MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional is a unique guide for your devotions. It is filled many fire scriptures, Motivational Quotes, Prayer Points and Bible in One Year Reading.
Read MFM Daily Devotional 8th November 2022 by Dr. D.K Olukoya.
TOPIC: Effective Delegation: A Leadership Secret (8)
Matthew 25:23- “His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Faithfulness in stewardship is the key to elevation and advancement in the
Receive the grace and power to be faithful in all that God commits to your hands, in the name of Jesus.
PRAISE AND WORSHIP:
Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 16; Hebrews 9:1-15; Proverbs 27:5-14
MFM MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE
Yesterday, we identified two benefits of effective delegation. We will look at two more benefits and conclude our discourse on this interesting topic today.
As a leader, the third benefit of effective delegation to you is that it stimulates creativity and develops skills in your team. We are in an age that gives premium to creativity and innovation. Sometimes, the game-changing ideas do come from team members, not the leader. Therefore, leaders who give their team members the freedom to tackle delegated tasks in their own way are actually empowering their team and giving them a creative licence. Such team members are driven to succeed and their personal initiative can lead to creativity breakthroughs that will immensely bless the team or the organisation.
The fourth benefit of effective delegation to you, dear leader, is that it helps to boost the team’s morale, improve their efficiency and productivity as well as promote enthusiasm, innovation and cooperation. All these are essential for the achievement of the team’s or organisation’s mission and vision.
Ephesians 4:11-13 and 1 Peter 4:10-11 make it clear that God wants everyone serving and fulfilling their ministries. Leaders are, in part, developed as they are entrusted with greater levels of responsibility and decision making. In Matthew 25:14-30, Jesus explained some principles of delegation.
(1) Delegation is a trust. “…he entrusted his property to them.”
(2) We take into account a person’s abilities when we delegate. “To one he gave five talents…, to another, two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability.”
(3) Delegation means accountability for the right results. “…the master… returned and settled accounts with them.”
(4) Faithfulness with a few things is a prerequisite for being in charge of many things. “You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.”
(5) Faithfulness with things precedes faithfulness with people. “Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter (one mina), take charge of ten cities (people).”
How faithful have you been with a few things? Can God entrust you with many things now? I counsel you to examine yourself and pray fervently to God, He will help you, in the name of Jesus.
MFM Daily Devotional 8 November 2022 PRAYER POINTS
1. Father, help me to promote creativity and innovation, in the name of Jesus.
2. O God, help me to boost the morale of my team, in the name of Jesus.
3. O God, give me the ideas that will increase productivity and help my team to succeed, in the name of Jesus.
4. As I give people more responsibilities and the opportunity to make decisions, Father, help me to develop more leaders for Your work, in the name of Jesus.
5. Father, make me a faithful steward, in the name of Jesus.
6. O God, arise and let my glory speak, in the name of Jesus.