UCB Word For Today 12 November 2022 Saturday Daily Devotional Message by (United Christian Broadcasters) Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
READ UCB WORD FOR TODAY DEVOTIONAL
Topic for UCB Word for Today 12 November 2022 is LEARN TO UNPLUG AND UNWIND
Scripture for Today: And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. Mark 6:31 KJV
UCB Word For Today 12 November 2022 MESSAGE
Don’t you find it interesting that the most high-tech generation in history is also the most medicated generation? The Bible predicted this. God told Daniel that in the last days ‘many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase’ (Daniel 12:4 NKJV). That’s us! One researcher says we have trained our brains ‘to constantly flit around the universe of messages and information seeking brief hits of excitement.
Grazing ceaselessly, we never dig too deeply before moving on to the next distraction…and it ratchets up our stress levels in ways we are only starting to understand.’ When was the last time you enjoyed some uninterrupted downtime without feeling guilty and unproductive? Do you even take time to reflect and recharge? Avoiding burnout requires these:
1) Recognising the signs. If you tweet and text people all day and yet you’re still lonely, technology may be dominating your life.
2) Doing something about it. Make yourself unavailable for short periods and see what happens. The world won’t come to an end, honest!
3) Realising you have a choice. People who think they should be available twenty-four hours a day exaggerate their own importance, or the control others have over them.
4) Establishing boundaries. Rein in the emails and text messages. Do you really need all those FYIs about the same thing?
5) Telling people, unless it’s truly urgent, you answer emails at designated times throughout the day.
6) Setting a schedule and sticking with it. After a few minutes of surfing the internet, ask yourself, ‘Should I be doing this now?’
Jesus said, ‘Come ye yourselves apart…and rest a while.’ Why? Because when you don’t come apart, you fall apart!
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 22-23, James 1
UCB Word For Today 12 November 2022 by United Christian Broadcasters is a Christian media charity that exists to offer every person, in every place, every moment of the day, the opportunity to hear, watch or read the Word of God in a relevant and engaging way.